Thursday, April 17, 2008

I Lost My Focus Already!

I talked yesterday about the desire to stay focused on my Imperial Guard tanks. I spent a few minutes on some side hatches and I selected which models were so barely started that they should be tucked back away. I then promptly dragged out a bunch of terrain supplies and began working on some city terrain instead.

In my defense, I was jonesing to work on some terrain 3 weeks ago and managed to stay the course and ignore my urges through Adepticon. With no urgency left, I just wandered to wherever the gods willed me in a manner of speaking,

So I worked on a number of terrain projects, none of which are completed at this precise moment. However, in order to make this blog semi useful and not just a way to feel okay about talking to myself here's a terrain tip:

I hate waste. I wish I could find a way to use every last sprue clipping, every bit of packaging... If it goes in the trash as a result of my hobby, I'm going to yearn to find a use for it. Now everyone knows about "sprue rubble" at this point. You clip up your sprues and use them to represent bricks or beams. Well today I cracked out my razor saw and made window sills. Its nothing fancy but here's a pic none the less:




While I'm at it, here's a pic of the stage previous:

And that's it for today. More tomorrow.

No comments: