Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Resurrection

So after letting this blog sit dormant for a year as a result of 2ndCityWarzone, I kind of want to bring this back. Not that 2ndCityWarzone is brimming with content, but I just want to document my random project log stuff here, and do more "finished product" and actual articles there.

So here are some quick shots of the Scout legs I've been working on. I've mentioned in the past that I like to paint my models piecemeal when I can. To me, painting a set of legs is a rewarding project in and of itself. I sat down a month ago, after finally deciding the look I wanted for my Angels of Absolution Scouts, and I modeled tabards onto 8 sets of Scout legs. Here are shots of the putty rolled out thin and trimmed into the shapes I wanted, then pics of the modeled legs, and finally the completed test model.
Anyone who has followed my blog entries (all two of you) will recognize that you probably won't see these models completed for another 5 years. But this is one of the many projects I've been working on. Maybe the Great Painting Race, mentioned on 2ndCityWarzone, will move these along a lot faster. Here's hoping!

No comments: